felting, natural dyeing tutorials, learn to felt step by step beginners experienced feltmakers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2009 is the International Year of Natural Fibres

I just love natural fibres and also love working with them. In this modern times were man-made fibres are more and more taking over, I was very happy to see that 2009 is the year of natural fibres.

We can distinguish 2 groups of natural fibres:

- plant fibres such as cotton, hemp, flax, ramie, nettle, sisal...

- animal fibres such as wool, silk, alpaca, angora, mohair...

You can find very detailed information on the website of the International Year of Natural Fibres: http://www.naturalfibres2009.org/

I will post a monthly feature on the use of a natural fibre for the rest of this year with some easy projects that you can do at home.

Follow my blog or subsribe to my RSS blogfeed to be kept up to date.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs