felting, natural dyeing tutorials, learn to felt step by step beginners experienced feltmakers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coral, a textile mixture,

In this wall hanging “coral” I experimented with different textile techniques, ( as usual) to express the feel and the look of the coral.

I started with dyeing the wool with fiber reactive dyes and than felted the main image, fishes, starfish and some of the coral included. I did use a bit of needle felting to secure some of the pieces in place and the rest was done with wet felting.

I wanted to add some more coral, so I tried some crochet until I was satisfied with the texture.

Quilting was a good way to give the whole piece a bit of relief. When I was happy with the result, I did sew the crochet pieces onto the rest.

I than hang up the whole panel onto a beautiful piece drift wood.


This wall hanging would look lovely in your beach home.



See more detailed pictures of coral, a felt wall hanging in my etsy shop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs