felting, natural dyeing tutorials, learn to felt step by step beginners experienced feltmakers

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dyeing with black beans

A few months ago, I tried dyeing with black beans. When I saw the beautiful blue at knitbyahenshop and the great tutorial, I had to try it:
http://knitbyahenshop.wordpress.com/2012/02/03/natural-dye-tutorial-blue-yarn-from-black-beans/

This is my result:
 At first, I thought it wasn't worth it. It takes a lot of black beans to dye a bit of wool. It was not until I made this scarflette that I decided to do it again in the future.

The colour in the scarflette is closer to reality than the wool.

2 comments:

grackleandsun said...

What a great colour! Black bean dyeing is fun, isn't it?

lizet frijters said...

I was amazed myself. I loved the colour. That reminds me, I need to do it again. Thanks for visiting.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs